Wednesday 31 March 2010

Crufts

Hi all,

I've got quite a bit to write about!
First off - Crufts.
Well Thames had qualified a team for Thursday that consisted of - Andrew & Tag, Roger & Ray, Alan & Chase and then P & I. Laura stayed over on Wednesday and groomed for me. I think we left at about 5.30 or something ridiculous like that!! Once we had parked etc, we got to the benches at just after 8.30. Tash's course was lovely apart from the change over. I instantly went into panic mode as the start and finish jump were the same! Not good for Pie! Him and Chase don't get on at all, as Pie can be an idiot with dogs sometimes, so them running into each other wasn't even an option. So I decided to run last. I don't handle pressure well so made sure that no one would come over and wind me up - which they did anyway! By saying things like 'Ooooh 3 clears and then you'. Brilliant way to encourage your own team member eh?! Nice ones guys!! Anyway, I held my ground and I WAS going to run last. I went over and over how i was going to handle it and where I would put turns in etc. Thames were first to run, which in some ways was good. I decided not to watch any of the team run, but just focus on Pie, and jog him around on the carpet for him to adjust (Thanks Lee!). Pie did a lovely clear round wooo, but Andrew, Roger and Alan all had faults.

Here is a video of the last part of Alan's run and then Pie running last.



Laura and I also went back up on Sunday to watch the champ and do the odd bit of shopping. Brilliant courses by Andy Hudson - although I doubt very much that i'd be able to get round them.

The following weekend, Laura and I went down to train with Lee. Despite the horrible weather, it was really good, and I think the cross behind issue is slowly fading in training. I just need to crack it in the ring now!

Saturday just gone - I went to a local UKA show at Newbury. I decided to use it as a training show as I will be running his contacts at Easter. I had 2 steeplechases, 1 agility and 1 gamblers. I messed up both steeplechases but he was working really nice. Then his gamblers - I took his toy in. His first dogwalk was slow, but 2nd wasn't too bad. Then the stupid judge was stood right at the end of the see-saw with her back to it, so as Pie came along he looked back at me - grr. But it was fine in the other agility class.

This week is only a 4 day week at work as it's Easter bank holiday - woo! Easter Celebration will be the first camping show of the year so hopefully it won't rain! Will keep you updated via Twitter though!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment