Wednesday 16 June 2010

Thames

Well I think I have just about recovered from the weekend, or was it just Saturday night?! Thames is where I train so it I was pretty much on the go all weekend. Last year I clocked up 6/6 Es, So even 5 Es would of been progress on last year. Over the 2 days Pie and I managed 3 Es, 2 5Rs and 1 Clear. Woohoo! I wont bore you with each run but I was really pleased with how we both did. On the Saturday, it was just silly mistakes from me.

I was working on the champ ring both days so got to watch a fair amount of the large on Saturday. Greg won the ticket, even with a hairy round. That dog is too bloody quick - it's not fair!! haha! Ian & Bobbie where have an absolute STONKING round until number 16 where he went crazy and panicked and got E'd... BOOOO! I reaaaaaally want Ian to get a ticket this year and I'm pretty sure that he will soon, he's too close not to get one.

We finished our ring at about 3pm which meant i could go for a shower early and sort Pie out before the football and entertainment. We had electric hook up, thanks to Laura doing some flesh flashing to Andrew (nothing to do with be being a Thames member!!), which meant we had power for hairdryer and straighteners!! WOOOP! We also borrowed the Stokoe's TV to watch the football. We nearly had a nightmare with the aerial as Laura wanted the picture to be clearer which almost led us to us having no picture at all!! I think I can safely say that I was a liiiiiittle drunk... OK very drunk on Saturday night. I arrived back to the caravan at 2am where Laura & Emily were asleep and I woke up at 8.10 still fully clothed!! I was meant to be helping out on the ring at 8.30... that didn't happen! I eventually made it to the rings at about 9, where I had missed walking my courses.... oh dear!!

The chum was quite a tough course but I liked it. As it was split and was being run over 2 different courses in separate rings, only the top 3 qualified. The top 3, I knew we could only beat with a spotless round, which lets face it, never really happens with us! So i decided to train P's contacts, and also because in the Crufts Singles on Sat, he decided he now did 4-off contacts?! ERMMMMM NO! We got E'd at the end due to be being a muppet, but the beginning seemed to go well.

I was scriming for EVERY single small & medium champ dog on Sunday so had to make the most of when the heights changed etc, as that was when I could let Pie out for a wee or to run him! Whilst the medium handlers were walking their jumping course, I decided to make a dash and run P in the Graded 6/7 jumping. The course wasn't the best for us as it had 2 cross behinds in, and because I unfortunately can't run as fast as Usain Bolt, I had to do them! The round wasn't perfect as Pie turn towards me instead of away from me on one bit, which left me behind going 'aaaaaaaaah'!! I didn't bother to check my time as a)I didn't think the round was neat enough and b)because I had to get back to scrime. Later on, again on my quick dash back to the caravan, I had noticed that the class had finished and that the ring was all packed up. On the off chance, i thought i would go and see if we got a place, only to see that we had won the class!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Pie & I are finally grade 7!! OH MY GOD!! Anyone see someone jumping around screaming on Sunday afternoon? Oh that would of been me! Our first champ will be Rugby... exciting!

I just want to say quickly thank you to everyone who has helped me. Just to think... I few months ago, i was considering giving up agility! Laura, you little gem, I've done it!! Thank you to you and Lee who have supported and helped me out so much. Without you guys we wouldn't of done it! And also to those who didn't think we would do it (which was me at times)... we've done it now, so nerrrrr!

I'm heading up to Northwich this weekend for Newton Heath. It is going to be so chilled as no pressure for last win. Ahh so nice :) Oh and also a half day at work, to prep for the hideous drive. Hello red bull and ipod!!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment